来源：湖南中公考研 发布日期：2018-10-12 11:17:39
I. Paraphrase(20 points, 2 points each)
Write your answer on the answer sheet
1. The place has been here since 1915, and no hurricane has ever bothered it.
2. Serious looking men spoke to each other as if they were oblivious of the crowds about them.
3. Even the self-assurance of Ogilvie flickered for an instance.
4. The case had erupted round my head.
5. The cast of characters set before him in his new profession was rich and varied--- a cosmos.
6. They are cattle in the fields, but we sit down to beef.
7. Hitler was counting on enlisting capitalists and Right Wing sympathies in this country and the U.S.A.
8. Conversation is not for making a point.
9. The burying-ground is merely a huge waste of hummocky earth, like a derelict building-lot.
10. Mark Twain digested the new American experience before sharing it with the world as writer and lecturer.
II. Vocabulary and Grammar(20 points, 1 point each)
Decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
1. __dull he may be, he is certainly a very successful top executive.
A Although B whatever C As D However
2. If only I __play the guitar as well as you!
A would B could C should D might
3. The party, __I was the guest of honour, was extremely enjoyable.
A by which B for which C to which D at which
4. It’s high time we __ cutting down the rainforests.
A stopped B had to stop C shall stop D stop
5 The student said there were a few points in the essay he __ impossible to comprehend.
A has found B was finding C had found D would find
6. Aren't you tired? I ____ you had done enough for today.
A. should have thought B. must have thought
C. might have thought D. could have thought
7. "It seems that she was there at the conference." The sentence means that
A. she seems to be there at the conference.
B. she seemed to be there at the conference.
C. she seems to have been there at the conference.
D. she seemed to being there at the conference.
8. Which of the following adverbs can NOT be used to complete " _____ everybody came"?
A. Nearly B. Quite C. Practically D. Almost
9. In "How much do you think he earns?" how much is ______ of the sentence.
A. the subject B. the adverbial
C. the object D. the complement
10. "The man preparing the documents is the firm's lawyer" has all the following possible meanings EXCEPT
A. the man who has prepared the documents...
B. the man who has been preparing the documents...
C. the man who is preparing the documents...
D. the man who will prepare the documents...
11. Keep this reference book; it may come in _____ one day.
A. handy B. useful C. convenient D. helpful
12. The questions that the speaker raised were well ____ the average adult.
A. past B. on C. beyond D. through
13. Teachers in this school were encouraged to use drama as a(n) _____ of learning.
A. design B. instrument C. agency D. tool
14. First, we need to find out what his scheme is, and then act _____. A. sensitively B. imaginatively C. efficiently D. accordingly
15. At first Jim was not quite clear what he was going to do after
university, but now he seems _____ on becoming a computer programmer.
A. fit B. set C. disposed D. decided
16. Developing countries should adopt labor-intensive technologies to _____ their comparative advantage of abundant labor.
A. use B. exploit C. employ D. explore
17. The tests show the earlier in life a person hears a sound the longer it is .
A. retained B. preserved C. remained D. reserved
18. The Channel Tunnel is one of the biggest engineering projects ever .
A. understated B. undertaken C. undergone D. underneath
19. Good relationship between partners are the rudders which steer joint ventures through waters.
A. troublesome B. troubled C. troublous D. disturbed
20. The lack of manners and common politeness is not to business deals. It’s a social blank.
A. exclusive B. inclusive C. elusive D. impassive
III. Cloze (30 points, 1.5 points each)
Decide which of the choices given below would best complete the passage in the corresponding blanks. Mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
In Japan, most people still feel that a woman’s place is in the home; and most women willingly accept their 1 role as wife, leaving the business of making a living 2 their husbands. For those who do want a 3 of their own, opportunities are limited, and working women usually have to 4 for lower wages, fewer promotions, less responsible 5 .
In America, on the other hand, most women, 6 wives and mothers, work most of their lives. But 7 , few have had real careers. As in Japan most fields are 8 by men and opportunities for women have been 9 , salaries low, chances for advancement 10 . American women work mainly because they 11 ; in these days of inflation and luxury living, 12 income per family is simply not enough to 13 . So American women actually have two jobs; one nine –to –five position outside the home, and 14 round- the- clock in –the-home job 15 wife. Housemaid, cook, and nurse.
One of the main goals of the modern women’s liberation movement, which started 16 , was to eliminate sex discrimination in the work force, and to 17 careers for women that were previously 18 for men. And though there is still a long way to 19 , a lot of progress has been 20 .
1. A) conservative B) usual C) traditional D) unhappy
2. A) for B) with C) up to D) away with
3. A) job B) career C) profession D) post
4. A) settle B) request C) ask D) search
5. A) titles B) status C) assignments D) positions
6. A) concerning B) including C) containing D) involving
7. A) at present B) until recently C) recently D) not until recently
8. A) owned B) kept C) led D) dominated
9. A) restricted B) bounded C) reduced D) prohibited
10. A) small B) inadequate C) rare D) scarce
11. A) should B) ought C) like D) have to
12. A) one B) single C) only D) the one
13. A) live B) live on C) feed on D) support
14. A) another B) one C) other D) the other
15. A) such as B) like C) as D) acting
16. A) in the early 1960s B) in early the 1960s
C) early in the 1960 D) in the early 1960
17. A) lead to B) open up C) offer D) set up
18. A) preserved B) observed C) concerned D) reserved
19. A) go B) travel C) strive D) pull through
20. A) made B) taken C) covered D) completed
周一至周日 9:00-18:00 全年无休在线客服
湖南中公考研名师指导：择校择专业 跨专业报考 1V1专业解答